Thursday 28 February 2013

Needlepoint finished

 
 
I have finished my first needlepoint kit sample. I tracked it out on a piece of wood yesterday to stretch it back to being a square. Even if you work on a frame that's really tight, canvas will always go out a bit. While I was doing this I was thinking about a lovely, slightly crazy lady that taught me how while I was at the Royal School of Needlework. Sadly she is no longer with us but whenever I make a cushion or stretch a canvas she pops into my mind.



 
 
Today's job, along with baking a Friendship cake for school, is to make this canvas up into a cushion.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. lovely design Jo, I always think of Wendy too whenever I am battling to make a canvas straight I am sure I can hear her tutting at my efforts!!

    ReplyDelete