Friday 2 March 2012

Colours in the garden


Its amazing that these flowers were blue at the start of the summer, so much nicer now.
The detail of a small quilt I made at the end of last year has much the same feel about it.



The quilt was made up of my tiny scraps, that I can't throw away. Even after I had finished the quilt my bag of scraps looked just the same. Maybe they grow in the bag!

I have just found out about a comtemporary blackwork exhibition in the USA next year, so I am having a think about doing a piece for that. 3 different people emailed me about it, I think that says something!.
I am teaching blackwork in July at the New Zealand embroiderers conf. so I could do it as a sample for that and then send it over to the states. The brain is ticking.

No comments:

Post a Comment